How we prioritise repairs
We aim to provide you with a high quality repairs and maintenance service at all times.
Our service standards state we will:
- Provide an emergency repairs service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Complete repairs within the following timescales: Emergency repair - within 24 hours; Appointable repairs (Non-emergency) within 28 days – we will always schedule your repair order to the most convenient first available appointment at the first point of call
- Tell you what the target timescale is for completing a repair
- Offer the facility to track your repairs online
- Notify you of any changes to the completion of your repair
- Specify the repairs that we are responsible for and repairs that you are responsible for
- Recharge tenants for repairs that are their responsibility
- Complete repairs on a ‘right first time’ basis
We need to prioritise repairs so that we can help the people who have the most disruption first.
Emergency repairs are to remove a life-threatening danger or rectify serious damage to the property.
Examples of emergency repairs are:
- Burst pipes, severe roof leaks or flooding
- Fires in your home
- Unsafe electrical fittings or wiring
- Blocked main drains or blocked soil pipe to the only toilet (not a blocked sink)
- Complete loss of electrical power or lighting
- Complete loss of heating, if there is no alternative source
- Unsecured external doors or windows (unless damaged by you, your family or visitors to your home)
- Lift failure
- Failure of warden alarm call system
- Toilet not flushing (where there is no other working toilet in the property)
- Offensive or racist graffiti.
If your enquiry is not urgent or an emergency, the quickest and most convenient way to get in touch is online:
Log in to your online tenant account – sign up or log in here.
Live chat (bottom right). Our live chat service is available 8am to 5pm on weekdays, excluding bank holidays. Our friendly team can help you quickly get an answer, whether it is about your housing application, your home, your finances or anything else.
If there's a danger to life or property, call our emergency phone line 0333 320 4555. It's available 24/7.